- Much of the battle takes place in our minds; God gives us what we need to succeed.
- Since all this is true, we ought to pay much closer attention than ever to the truths that we have heard, lest in any way we drift past [them] and slip away (Hebrews 2:1, AMPC).
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
- These weapons will pull down strongholds in our minds that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God.
- And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do (Genesis 11:1-6).
- Even though they had not completed the tower, they visualized it in their mind’s eye and in the eyes of their hearts.
- Their imaginations removed any limits they may have had.
- God has a vision of victory and success for us. Sharing that vision causes us to win.
- This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:8).
- Imagination starts with meditating on the Word of God until we begin to focus on a clear picture in our mind.
- But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper (Psalm 1:2, 3).
- Just like a plant clipping develops a root structure when it constantly stays in water, we will take root and grow spiritually when we are constantly sustained by the living water of the Gospel.
- But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord (Isaiah 54:17, AMPC).
- Words are powerful. Negative words used against us should be captured and condemned.
For more on winning in spiritual warfare, click on the link below for the mini-book, The Art of Spiritual War.http://bit.ly/TheArtofSpiritualWarMinibook
Hebrews 2:1, AMPC
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Psalm 1:2, 3
Isaiah 54:17, AMPC