- We must be careful what we think. Thoughts and concepts are pervasive and powerful.
- We should be on our guard for deceit, and any philosophies that go against God’s Word (Colossians 2:8, AMP).
- We are in a spiritual war. We should not let ourselves be carried off as spoils, or made captive by intellectualism or nonsense.
- We all have a philosophy, whether we know it or not. A philosophy is a basic set of ideas, beliefs, and values that we live by.
- Our philosophy affects how we view life and the decisions we make.
- Do not be robbed or kidnapped by the traditions of men. Instead, we are to view our lives through the lens of Christ.
- Analyzing the word “philosophy” can give us its true implications.
- The Greek translation of this word is philosophia, which refers to the elevating of human wisdom over God’s wisdom.
- The root of this word pertains to the pursuit of worldly truth apart from God’s truth.
- Many people cannot comprehend the ideas and thoughts found in God’s Word.
- The world will not understand the preaching of the cross of Christ, and will consider this message foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18, 19, AMP).
- God promises to destroy the world’s wisdom and high thoughts.
- He will make foolish the wisdom of the world.
- God will bring down the scribes and philosophers of the world (1 Corinthians 1:20, 21, AMP).
- He will reverse the order, and reveal as nonsense and foolishness the philosophies the world thinks so highly of, and exalts.
- The wisdom and prudence of the world will perish. The world’s philosophers will not be able to fathom God’s wisdom, and this will be marvelous to many people (Isaiah 29:14-16, AMP).
- God has a warning for those who think they can hide their deeds from Him.
- Turning the order of things upside down and making ourselves out to be greater than God is a perversion in His eyes.
- Heaven’s wisdom and knowledge is different than men’s ways of thinking.
- God’s wisdom is meek, with no bitterness, strife, or envy. It is pure, peaceful, merciful, and gentle, and it descends from above (James 3:13-17).
- If we follow our own thoughts and wishes instead of seeking God’s will, we fall prey to secular humanism.
- True wisdom and insight does not go against God (Proverbs 21:30).
- Only fools trust in their own hearts, but God delivers the wise who walk in His Word (Proverbs 28:26).
- The Holy Spirit teaches us His wisdom, which transcends man’s earthly wisdom (1 Corinthians 2:13).
- Speaking in tongues is one manifestation of this wisdom. This involves speaking words given to us by the Holy Spirit.
To learn more about how we think can either defeat us or help us win in life, click on the link below for the DVD, The Good Fight.http://bit.ly/TheGoodFightDVDSingle
Colossians 2:8, AMP
1 Corinthians 1:18-21, AMP
Isaiah 29:14-16, AMP
1 Corinthians 2:13